Hi there! Welcome The Leadership Habit listeners to my website!
On my interview on The Leadership Habit podcast with Jenn DeWall, I shared my insights on resilience, reinvention and leadership drawn from my experiences as an elite gymnast, startup founder, and now executive coach.
Here are some key takeaways from our conversation on how to adapt and lead when times get tough:
- When to Grit, Quit, or Pivot—tough times call for tough decisions. But it's never as simple as just always sticking it out, or walking away. Sometimes what's needed is a big shift.
- Don't Wait Too Long to Make Your Move—even great leaders can sometimes feel paralyzed by tough choices. But waiting too long makes things worse.
- Lower the Stake by Piloting the Pivot—by using an Align-Explore-Commit method, you can exploring the big decision before taking the leap, so you know it's the right move.
- Know Yourself—the best strategy for longterm leadership success is knowing your strengths and unique POV, and finding markets and organizations where you can leverage those talents to their full power
Want to go deeper? Here are some ways to continue learning from and connecting with me:
1. Join my weekly newsletter
Join the thousands of unconventional leaders who receive a letter from me every Saturday about creative resilience, risk taking, and reinvention.
2. Buy a Copy of The Path to Pivot
The Path to Pivot comes out officially on October 30th but you can start reading the early access edition now: Buy The Path to Pivot
3. Work with Me
I work with individuals and organizations as an executive coach, workshop facilitator and trainer, and keynote speaker.
You also can email me firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
If you enjoyed my conversation on The Leadership Habit, I appreciate you taking this journey with me. My goal is to equip leaders like you with the mindset, skills and support to thrive through challenge and change. Let's stay in touch!