Hi there! Welcome DIY for Business listeners to my website!
On my interview with Russ and Greg, I shared my insights on resilience, reinvention and leadership drawn from my experiences as an elite gymnast, startup founder, and executive coach.
Here are some key takeaways from our conversation:
- Startups and large companies are facing new challenges in the current economic climate, with many pivoting to focus more on core business and profits.
- When considering a career pivot, assess external factors, your skills and passions, and how you can connect them to growing trends.
- Don't feel you have to be first to market - learn quickly and build on what early movers have proven.
- Craft your career pivot story using narrative techniques like "last season recaps" to help others understand your motivations.
- Adopt new technologies like AI even if you're highly skilled, as it can give you an edge over peers and prevent you from being disrupted.
Want to go deeper? Here are some ways to continue learning from and connecting with me:
1. Join my weekly newsletter
Join the thousands of unconventional leaders who receive a letter from me every Saturday about creative resilience, risk taking, and reinvention.
2. Buy a Copy of The Path to Pivot
The Path to Pivot comes out officially on October 30th but you can start reading the early access edition now: Buy The Path to Pivot
3. Work with Me
I work with individuals and organizations as an executive coach, workshop facilitator and trainer, and keynote speaker.
You can email me firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
If you enjoyed my conversation on Executive Edge, I appreciate you taking this journey with me. My goal is to equip leaders like you with the mindset, skills and support to thrive through challenge and change. Let's stay in touch!