136: How Humans Still Trump AI
2023 is is a year Generative AI really comes for knowledge workers. Here are 10 enduring human traits that can help us stay ahead of the machines. 🧵
I bought a muffin this morning as a little treat on the way home from a walk and it was stale—don't you hate that? It was probably better for my blood sugar though.
Anyway, trying something new and sending this newsletter on a Friday instead of a Saturday since I realize a lot of folks subscribe with their work email. Let's see if it makes a difference on open rates!
- 📅 In 6 days: Being Human in the Age of Generative AI - Jan 18
- 📅 New: Reboot Your Life: Own Your Story - Jan 24 An online workshop where I show you how to tell better personal stories
🧠 10 Human Qualities To Stay Ahead of AI
I've been thinking about this a lot ahead of my upcoming salon on Jan 18th (next week!). I've posted this list before but I wanted to elaborate on what each means to me.
Read the rest of the list on Twitter (I went public again b/c I like to link to tweets): Biography, Accountability, Fidelity, Presence, Identity.
- ⚡ ️Why courage is the root virtue
- 🤖 5 traps to avoid when incorporating AI into your business
- 🧠 The importance of not "forcing" work when you're overwhelmed
- 🏋 Netflix and Nike are teaming up to bring you on demand workouts. You in?
- ⚙️ This is still one of the best tools I've come across for structured thinking / communication
- 📊 Using extreme questions to drive business creativity: "What if you could only ship one thing this year?"
- 👣 A movie producer reflects on streaming transformed the industry from hits-driven to steady state, and how he can adapt
- "I think our collective cultural failure to do [give a new positive vision for men] is one of the root causes of some of the problems that we now see men and boys having"
Legend: ⚡️ Courage / Risk-taking | 🤖 Generative AI | 🧠 ADHD | 🏋 Relatable fitness | ⚙️ Mental models / structured thinking | 📊 Business pivots | 👣 Life pivots | Togetherness | 👁️ Creative Vision,
Jason Shen | Cultivating Resilience Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.