Hi, I’m Jason
Stuff I’ve Done
- Co-founded Ridejoy, a Y Combinator backed startup that built a network of 30k+ drivers and passengers sharing rides across the US and Canada.
- Was selected by the White House to serve as a Presidential Innovation Fellow at the Smithsonian.
- Spent 10 years as a nationally competitive gymnast and helped Stanford win a national championship
- Wrote an Amazon best-selling book called Winning Isn’t Normal
About the Blog
The Art of Ass-Kicking is about mastering your mind, building physical strength, and achieving spectacular results in your professional life. I write from my personal experience as an entrepreneur and championship athlete, as well as from research and the lessons learned from others.
Since 2010, The Art of Ass-Kicking has appeared in Vanity Fair, Marketplace, Lifehacker, Outside Magazine, and was read by over 154k people in 2013.
Some of my most popular posts
- 17 Essential Best Practices for Making Things Happen
- How to be Relentlessly Resourceful [a practical guide]
- Eleven Compelling Startup Pitch Archetypes
- How I Blew Out My Knee and Came Back to Win a National Championship
- Getting Rejected 30 Days in a Row
- Taking Cold Showers
- How Gymnastics Taught Me to Man Up, Get Tough and Crush Fear
I love meeting new people — reach me at @jasonshen or jasonyshen at the Google mail.
If you’ve read this far, you should really sign up for my newsletter: 1-2 posts a week of high quality goodness plus exclusive content that never appears on this site.