I’ve found that I’m more motivated to work out when I have set goals for myself. Last year, I was on a big running kick and did my first half marathon, first triathlon and my big goal was to run the San Francisco Marathon.
This year, I am still running a couple times a week, but the SF cold has kept me from doing a lot of long runs on the weekends, especially without a big race to train for. I do plan to do more racing, but I’m not sure when. So I’ve decided to mix things up this year.
Here’s how my Monthly Fitness Challenges will work:
- At the start of each month, I’ll post a blog post of me doing a particular fitness challenge
- If you want to join in, you can post your own time/score in the comments
- During the month, I will train for the exercise and share what workouts I do for it
- At the end of the month, I’ll post again with my final results
- If you’re following along, you can share your results too!
This coincides nicely with my goal to try new stuff on the blog — as I’ll be trying to shoot videos for every one of my challenges. I’m sure I’ll make lots of mistakes along the way, but I’ll try to fix them as they come up. Let me know if you have thoughts or suggestions!
Note: I know it’s already halfway through the month, so I apologize for taking a while to get this post up. Future posts should come up at the beginning of the month.
Without further ado, here’s my first one: Continue reading…