In the past three years, I’ve put countless hours into The Art of Ass-Kicking. It’s been a lot of work, but also tremendously rewarding, both personally and professionally. More than a hobby, this blog has become an integral part of my life. I write to internalize what I’ve learned, and to share with with you, my readers.
In the early spring of 2013, I was thinking about where I could take the blog next, and after a conversation with Kai Davis, decided to publish a book that represented by best ideas, stories and strategies.
Over the course of many months, I put together a book that spans three major themes: focusing our Minds, strengthening our Bodies, and increasing the impact of our Work. I edited and rewrote thirty-one essays (representing over 50k words), designed a cover and three pieces of original quote typography, recruited Sebastian Marshall to write a foreword, and navigated the Amazon Kindle Publishing program.
Today, I’m thrilled to announce that Winning Isn’t Normal, is now available for download on Amazon as a Kindle ebook.
Note: through October 22nd, there’s also a special giveaway related to the book launch. Scroll down to learn more.
The Winning Isn’t Normal Giveaway
Here’s the deal: Authors want their books have lots of reviews on Amazon – it builds trust and allows prospective readers to make an informed decision about buying the book.
So I’m doing a giveaway to encourage readers to buy the book and leave a review.
Two (2) randomly selected winners will receive: Three Books + Three Posters + 30 minutes with me. It’s going to be sweeeeeeet. Here’s the deal:
Since my book is about Mind, Body, and Work, each winner will receive a hardcopy (or Kindle version) of each of the following books.
- Decisive – the newest book by the always amazing Heath Brothers, Decisive gives you a proven four-step framework (widen your options, reality-test your assumptions, attain distance before deciding, prepare to be be wrong) for making better decisions about your business, your career, your life.
- The 4-Hour Body – I don’t agree with everything Tim Ferriss advocates in this book, but I really respect his approach to research, experimentation and measurement. He covers so much ground, from sleep, to diet, to sex, to gaining muscle, to losing fat, that there’s bound to be something
- What You Gonna Do With That Duck? – Seth Godin is basically my favorite author of all time. A treasure chest of insights on marketing, customer service, art, entrepreneurship, improvement and so much more.
Each section of the book is led by a quote that I’ve selected for that category. Each winner will win a 16″ x 20″ heavy-weight archival paper print of all three posters, mailed to their house.
- Mind - “We do not receive wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can make for us” – Marcel Proust
- Body – “Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
- Work – Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
The Skype Call
Each winner will be able to schedule a 30 mins 1-on-1 Skype call with me where we can talk about anything you want. Training for a race, starting a company, growing your blog, taking on rejection therapy, living in SF or Washington D.C. It’s all game, and it’s totally confidential. I’m here to help you.
How to Enter
- Buy Winning Isn’t Normal on Amazon.
- Write a review for the book on Amazon.com. Only rules here: Be honest and write more than 100 words.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject”Winning Isn’t Normal Giveaway” with 1) your receipt from Amazon showing you bought the book, 2) a link to the review on Amazon.com and 3) a shipping address to mail your stuff to, and whether you want any of the books as a Kindle.
- That’s it! Winners will be announced Wednesday, October 23rd.