– In a nutshell –
- Us: Two guys looking for a roommate in SF, starting February 1st or later.
- You: Responsible, Reliable, Geek-friendly, Conscientious, & relatively Clean.
- Location: 8th & Howard, SOMA, SF. A bit rough outside, super nice inside.
- Apartment: Comfortable (99 sqft) room with private bathroom (toilet + sink + shower), common area, all newly remodeled. $840/month + utilities.
Interested? Contact us
– Who We Are –
Me (Jason) and my roommate (Randy) are looking for a 3rd roommate. We’ve been living with a good friend – Kalvin Wang - who is heading off to travel the world and start something new – and we’re seeking a new roommate to share our 3-bedroom/2-bathroom apartment.
Jason’s from Massachusetts and studied biology and philosophy at Stanford. Randy is from the Bay Area and studied computer science at UC-Berkeley.
Jason works as a sales & marketing guy at a startup called isocket which powers the advertising for TechCrunch and other online publishers. He’s into doing random challenges like Rejection Therapy and has way too many personal development books on the bookshelf. More at: jasonshen.com
Randy works as a software engineer at a startup called Scribd where he works on one of his passions: the propagation and dissemination of cool stuff (information, videos, photos, or in Scribd’s case, documents). His personal interests are primarily, to quote E. E. Cummings, “curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” More at: randypang.com
To give you a better sense of who we are, here is a small list of things we like doing:
- reading books, NYTimes, the New Yorker, the Atlantic, Hacker News…
- following startups, tech, design, social entrepreneurship
- Yelping new places to eat
- enjoying XKCD, Saturday Morning Breakfast Comics, Questionable Content, Dinosaur Comics
- having meaningful conversations on things you care about
- playing games of all kinds (eg: board games, video games, social games, etc)
- trying new things
– What We’re Looking For –
We are looking for a roommate with a move-in date starting February 1st 2011 (if you really need to, we can probably accomodate Jan 31).
This might make us sound anal, which we’re not, but we want to be super upfront. You have to be:
- Respectful of Common Space – Clean up after yourself in common areas (we do leave the occasional jacket, book, dish around.)
- Responsible/reliable – We can count on you to help out with important stuff related to our living situation. Obviously no one’s perfect, but in general you exercise good judgement.
- Communicative – You are happy to talk about things openly (in person or over email).
- No drug users or heavy drinkers. Non-smoker preferred but not required.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: must pay rent on time.
- We personally like animals, but we prefer not to have pets in the apartment.
- We share some common household expenses and groceries on a Google spreadsheet.
It would be great if:
- You are the kind of person who is passionate about their work
- You are pretty laid-back and independent (but are up for hanging out sometimes too)
- You are planning to live here for at least 6 months or more
- You want to make the world a better place
Still sound good? Send a message: contact us
– The Apartment: Specs –
3BR/2BA. It’s newly remodeled with new hardwood floors in the common areas and new carpet in the bedrooms, which is perfect. The kitchen is new too, with a gas stove. We’re fully furnished the place so we’ve got lots of kitchen stuff, random spices, and a big dining room table. The apartment is bright, with a skylight in the common area.
The room itself is carpeted and 8.25 by 12 ft, plus a closet. The bathroom is 5.75 by 5.75 ft.
$840 rent, includes garbage, water. Utilites are $10/mo for super fast 15mb down/3mb up internet, plus PG&E. Security deposit is $866. We’re on a month-to-month and we’d like a roommate who’s planning to stick around for a while but we’re flexible on exactly how long that is.
For more detail on your room look at the video below.
– Video Walkthrough of the Apartment –
This video was taken by our landlord before we moved in. Your room is the 2nd one in this video (starts 30 seconds in).
– Location! SOMA –
Across the street from two grocery stores, a block from a 24-hour laundromat with food and live music, five blocks from Costco and Trader Joe’s and Rainbow Grocery.
Public transportation: two blocks from BART and pretty much every bus going everywhere (14, 12, 19, 47…). 10 minutes from Caltrain (Jason commutes on Caltrain every day).
With car: Lots of street parking ($76 annual permit) right next to the apt, several paid parking lots/garages within a couple blocks, convenient 101 access.
– Why all this effort? –
Because our living situation is important to us (it’s a lesson we’ve learned from living conditions both good and bad) and we’ve decided it’s worth the effort. We’re looking for someone who we mesh with and who cares about helping make this place their home.
So, you’ve read all this and you’re considering living with us? Sweet. Have any questions about anything? We’d love to hear from you. Please reach out to us with this contact form and we’ll get back to you if it seems like we could be a good fit. Thanks for reading and good luck with your apartment hunting!
[contact-form 1 "Contact form 1"]
– Questions and Answers –
As we get inquiries, we’ll post Q&A of common stuff as it comes up.