Missprofe at It’s a Hardknock Teacher’s Life has tagged me with a blog meme, the first one I’ve ever had! Cool. It’s called gotta get goals and you’re supposed to blog about yoour biggest, hairest goals, the “goals that you gotta get so that you can truly say you have achieved your wildest dreams in life. These have to be your best, most exclusive, and over-the-top goals that you can pick off your goals list.”
I feel that most of my biggest goals are within reach. It’s interesting, because I used to be big on goal setting; but recently I haven’t thought about wild, audacious goals. Not because I haven’t been feeling ambitious, but simply because I haven’t been trying to plan things out. I’m more looking out for things I’d like to get involved in, knowing that things I choose to pursue will most likely be successful. If that sounds cocky, then so be it.
With that said, here are so big ones.
- win an ncaa team championship
- write a best-selling personal development book
- speak at a TED conference
- raise and support a loving, caring family
- roadtrip in an RV across the US with said family
- have a stranger come up to me to say “you’ve changed my life”
- see a drastic decline in global poverty, thanks partly to my efforts
I live with the philosophy that any day could be my last, so everyday I’m working a little bit towards these goals, even if indirectly. I’m doing physical therapy to help my knee recover. I’m speaking with asian parents about how to raise successful and well adjusted kids. I’m developing my social and “life-managing” skills to one day be a good husband and father. And I’ve started a non-profit that support collegiate and developing-world entrepreneurs called Gumball Capital.
Latest posts by Jason Shen (see all)
- Emerging from Bruce Lee’s Legacy - November 29, 2017
- No Better Than Adversity - November 14, 2017
- Building a Product as a Solo Technical Founder with Safia Abdalla - September 25, 2017